Sunday, August 11, 2013

Perm Perfect


 I've been thinking about perming Elsie's hair for a few months now.  But I didn't want it to look permed.  I wanted it to look like loose gorgeous natural curly hair.  I don't recommend perming any child's hair since it can be hard on fine hair.  I also don't recommend perming hair that has been lightened, it just won't turn out soft and waving.  Elsie is blessed with thick and for the most part course hair.  But she is a 7 year old who likes to jump on the tramp, ride bikes, play tag, swim, and just go go go.  So a few hours after styling her hair it seemed to look stringy scraggly(is that a word?). 
Here is her before pictures styled and taken out of the tops-y tails.
 Since I wanted a vey loose wave I chose the largest rods.
I learned a trick while I was growing up (not in beauty school) to wait a few hours after rinsing off the solution to allow the rods to dry before adding the neutralizer.  I try to talk people into doing this but it doesn't always work with people' schedules to walk around with perm rods in their hair for hours :)
Since we had a few hours I put her to work, she did some chores and watched some TV.  She just didn't do anything very active so the rods wouldn't fall out or little hairs didn't come out of the rod and make the perm fuzzy.
Gwen loves to help me!

And voilà!  The Perfect Perm.  I absolutely love it!  No more stringy scraggly hair.  Plus a quick easy option for early school mornings :)
What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I should have had you perm my hair when i did it a few years ago! Mine was awful awful. I wanted it to look my natural curl but it looked nothing like my natural curl. I'm glad my curl is back so I don't ever do that again, but if it goes away again I'm having you do it!
    She is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still go to Logan?? I want you to do that perm on Carly. Her hair is a perfect candidate! So cute on Elsie!!

    ReplyDelete