Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hidden Braids

This one is for all my french braiders out there. I saw this idea on a morning show called the Daily Dish, tried it on Elsie and loved it. So now I am sharing. You may need help with this one, it is sometimes difficult to french braid the back of your own head. At least I am not that talented. :)
First do about 5-6 little "hidden" braids right under your occipital bone or in line with your ears. Tie off with clear elastics.
If you part your hair on the side, you will notice you will have more hair on one side (I call the fat side) and less hair on the other (the skinny side). Start with your skinny side and start french braiding around. If you part your hair down the middle, it doesn't matter what side you start or end with.
You will start grabbing the little braids as you go.
You want them to peek-a-boo through the french braid. You may need to surface them after you are done braiding.
I braided the front and added it to the big braid in this picture. But last night I taught a YW class where I ended up turning it into a Bohemian style braid and it looked awesome. (that will be my next post)
Seriously, LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment